Safety Protocols during Covid-19 Pandemic
We have prepared our office to be in full compliance with all suggested COVID19 distancing and preventative measures. Rest assured, that as always, we plan on providing all patients and staff with the finest and safest environment to provide the careful, skilled and caring treatment you deserve.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this previously during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. Due to the current situation and regulations from the State of Florida and the CDC we are implementing a few different strategies at this time.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
Some of the changes will include:
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. you’ll be asked those same questions again, perhaps with follow up inquiries when you are in the office.
• You may see that our waiting room will not be available. And upon arrival we will ask you to stay in the car call us to let us know that you have arrived. A staff member will call you when your room is ready.
• We will ask that you wear a face-covering or mask when you enter the office.
• We will check your temperature and will have you wash your hands before filling out any forms and entering the room.
• A pre-procedural rinse will be given to you. 1.5 percent hydrogen peroxide or chlorhexidine before each appointment. (COVID-19 is vulnerable to oxidation; this will reduce the salivary load of oral microbes.)
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment or perhaps slightly change the start time of your appointment.
• We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times.
• We may ask of you to follow up on your appointment, insurance/billing questions remotely by email or phone.
Some of the changes we are implementing in the office:
Include temperature readings logs of all staff members.
We have added Clear Barriers for front desk.
Make sure the personal protective equipment being used is appropriate for the procedures performed.
Use high-speed evacuation for all dental procedures producing an aerosol.
We will minimized the use of cavitron or any procedure that can cause aerosols when performing dental cleanings and teeth polishing will be selective.
Clean and disinfect public areas very frequently, including door handles, chairs, counters, and bathrooms.
We look forward to seeing you again and we are happy to answer any questions you
may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe in our practice.
To make an appointment, please call our office 561-488-9288.
Dr. Lee Herman and staff